Breaking2News.com
Latest

Man claims exploding iPhone left him with severe leg burns

A New York man says his iPhone 5C blew up in his pocket and that he wound up in a hospital.

Erik Johnson of Lindenhurst says his iPhone 5C spontaneously erupted in extreme heat while it was in his pants pocket, giving him second- and third-degree burnson his leg the size of a football.

He was headed to a wake for his cousin in New Jersey on February 14, Johnson said, and he dropped his car keys.

“When I went to bend over, I heard a pop,” he told CNN. “I heard a sizzling, and I ended up ripping my pants off to stop it from burning me.”

“Now, every single time I have my iPhone, instead of putting it in my pocket, I put it in the seat next to me because of this case,” he said. “My wife does the same thing, and so does everyone else at the (law) firm. It’s a little scary.”

“You shouldn’t have to worry about your phone exploding,” he said.

Source: CNN (4265 Articles)
Written by Camille Cava and Brennan Dubose